FedEx Announces Adjusted Shipping Rates, Fees, and Surcharges
MEMPHIS, Tenn., August 29, 2023 — FedEx Express, FedEx Ground, and FedEx Freight, subsidiaries of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), will adjust shipping rates on January 1, 2024.
• FedEx Express shipping rates will increase by an average of 5.9% for U.S. domestic, U.S. export, and U.S. import services.
• FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery shipping rates will increase by an average of 5.9%. FedEx Ground Economy shipping rates will also increase.
• FedEx Freight shipping rates will increase by an average of 5.9%-6.9% dependent on the customer’s transportation rate scale. This change applies to shipments within the U.S. (including Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands) and between the contiguous U.S. and Canada.
The average annual rate increases are one percentage point lower than last year’s general rate increase. The price adjustments reflect incremental costs associated with the current operating environment, while enabling FedEx to continue investing in service enhancement, fleet maintenance, technology innovations, and other areas to serve customers more effectively and efficiently.
The following FedEx Express and FedEx Ground surcharges will also take effect in January 2024:
• Effective January 1, 2024, FedEx will be increasing customs clearance service fees on imports.
• Effective January 15, 2024, FedEx will assess the Additional Handling Surcharge and Oversize Charge per eligible package for international multi-piece shipments, instead of per shipment. The affected surcharges are the Additional Handling Surcharge (Dimension, Weight, Packaging, Freight, and Non-Stackable) and the Oversize Charge.
Details of all changes to rates, surcharges, and fees will be available on fedex.com on September 7, 2023.
Demand surcharges for the 2023 holiday shipping season
Formerly known as “peak” surcharges, the demand surcharges that will be in effect for the 2023 holiday shipping season are available on fedex.com.