UPS Rate Change Information
Effective December 29, 2019, the published rates for our services will increase. This supports ongoing expansion and capability enhancements as we strive to maintain the high service levels you expect from UPS. Below is an overview of our 2020 Rates.*
The following changes will become effective December 29, 2019:
- The rates for UPS® Ground, UPS Air and International services will increase an average net 4.9%.
- A Rebill fee will be assessed for each request to change the billing account for a shipment.
- A Prohibited Item fee will apply to packages containing prohibited articles or restricted articles not in compliance with all UPS policies and procedures and applicable laws and regulations if found in the UPS system.
- Value-added services and other charges will apply to undeliverable packages returned to the shipper.
- UPS reserves the right to assess a late payment fee in an amount set forth in the UPS Tariff/Terms and Conditions of Service if an invoice is not paid in full by the invoice due date.
- The weight threshold for applying an Additional Handling surcharge will be lowered from 70 pounds to 50 pounds actual weight for UPS Ground and UPS Air services.
- The list of ZIP codes to which Delivery Area Surcharges and Extended Area Surcharges apply will change. See updated zip code listings below (under 2020 Preview Rates) for more information.
- A processing fee will apply to each request to file a single entry under Entry Type 86 for a shipment that normally qualifies for U.S. customs clearance under a consolidated manifest.
- The rates for certain value-added services and other charges will increase.
For more details, review the 2020 Preview Rates below.
2020 Preview Rates
Preview 2020 UPS Daily Package Rates
Preview 2020 UPS Alaska and Hawaii Daily Package Rates
Preview 2020 UPS Retail Package Rates
Preview 2020 UPS Alaska and Hawaii Retail Package Rates
Preview 2020 UPS Hundredweight Service Package Rates
Preview 2020 Changes to Delivery Area Surcharge ZIP Code Listing
Preview 2020 Delivery Area Surcharge ZIP Code Listing
Effective December 29, 2019, the rates for UPS Air Freight within and between the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico will increase an average net 4.2%.
The rates for UPS Freight non-contractual less-than-truckload (LTL) shipments rated on the current UPS Freight Tariff 580 will increase an average net 3.9% effective December 29, 2019. This increase applies only to Tariff 580 UPS Freight density-based rates.
*The impact of these changes on your shipping costs will vary according to your shipping characteristics and the terms of your UPS agreement.